Friday, June 10, 2011

Just Felt It



Hello world! It's been awhile!


Cheers to the short two-week phase of holidays!


Claps for the short allowance in time to actually catch my breath and slow down my heartbeat.


And self-hugs for spending some romantic time with my camera. Like finally.


Though i do feel a little sad that such bliss is ending so quickly. *sniffs.




#photo
#1 Christmas lights.


Not that i was having any festive mood of anything but i was actually inspired to paint a self portrait with the camera and do some creative bokeh shots.


Just as always when inspiration came at the wrong time, my initial idea to attain my beauty sleep was quickly replaced by a sudden burst of excitement.


That time it was 0100 hours. When most of you did the snoring symphony, i was busy taking pictures. Of myself. In the dark. *shameless.




#photo
#2 Christmas lights brought to live.


If you've seen my previous post related to bokeh here, you would probably have a rough idea on what i'm gonna share here.




#photo
#3 Isn't bokeh amazing?


That was a test shot. Which i love terribly because i think it looks delicious.


Since i did this at night, darkness was giving a fair share of 'blackness' to help make the lights 'bloom' loudly.




#photo
#4 Juicing it up!


If only my room was of more length, the effect would have been blurrier. The blurrier it is, the higher the scores shown by my imaginary awesome-o-meter.


If you're wondering how you could make a similar shaped bokeh effect, here how :-


Step 1 : Type diy shaped bokeh in the search engine.


Step 2 : Learn and really do-it-yourself.


Alternative step 2 : Send me your camera to have me custom make it for you and pray hard your camera returns.


Step 3 : End.




#photo
#5 Obviously in a self portrait there will be a picture of myself.


Add in a portable table lamp and walah! I'm ready! Shoot shoot shooooot!!!!


The only problem i faced was that i didn't have anyone to help press the 'shoot' button.


I should remind you it was 1 a.m. In my room alone.


I had to make impromptu apparatuses to aid my disability of stretching my hands to pre-focus the lens on myself.




#photo
#6 Out of the frame.


I guess another situation i had was the frustration of not being in the right frame. Or getting in the right position.


Getting too close to the camera gets you out of the picture. Like the image above, part of my face got cut out unintentionally. Moving about too much after pre-focusing the camera makes you blur out.


Oh the frustration. So worth it. :D




#photo
#7 Starry, starry night.
Paint your pallete blue and grey.
Look out on a summer's day,
With eyes that know the darkness in my soul.




#photo
#8 Make a wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are. Anything your heart desires, will come to you.


I guess it is all about practice. Practice in attaining the right angle of lighting, getting the desired posture and smile, and staying within the frame.


At 1.30 a.m. , who would be bothered to put any make up on. Can't even be bothered to photoshop my pimples off the next day due to my exaggerated laziness.


However, i am contented.


The fun part about this kinda one-man (or rather, one-lady) self-portrait photo shoot is that you can keep experimenting and laugh at yourself.


But i still prefer involving a friend or two in photo shoots. You'll get more ideas. More laughter. And definitely more crazy, witty shots. Just like my Mabelstory Series : here.


And you wouldn't need to use a badminton racket to press the shutter for pre-focusing purposes =_=


With friends around, one should just worry about keeping the madness at a non-hazardous level.




#photo
#9 My favourite shot!!


I think the most important element needed in a self portrait is perfect lighting - something of which is out of my table lamp's potential and at 1.30a.m. it was really really dark.


However, i discovered that the lamp can actually be placed at about one foot away from your face to get that just-enough glow for your face.


And because i was using the 50mm lens, i didn't have to worry about getting the lamp in my picture.


I love my lens!




#photo
#10


And can you feel the love tonight
It is where we are
It's enough for this wide-eyed wanderer
That we got this far
And can you feel the love tonight
How it's laid to rest
It's enough to make kings and vagabonds
Believe the very best





Okay end here. Bye.




P.s. : My 'foreigner' status has expired recently and am safely back to this mainland. It's good to be back. But i have a monstrous amount of pictures to edit and filther - roughly about 1000 images to edit. @@!! Plus i've got the magazine and video competition's dateline coming up, and the holiday homework (130 math questions D,: from the teacher that loves us too much!).


I feel a concussion coming right up. @@!!













2 comments:

jane lam said...

love ur professional camwhore pictures... hahahaah

Mabel Low said...

"Professional" Hahahaha!

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails