Wednesday, October 28, 2009

I Fought With My Principal...

versus




...literally.


Remember the post about my graduation (The Day I Lost My Youth)? This post has some relation to it. I was asked to complete a task in the production of the graduation booklet in two weeks - very limited hours given for the planning, designing, laying out, and of course insufficient time to distribute the jobs. Thus i was only left with one choice in order to save precious, which was to do it myself.


I'm already used to this kind of last minute stuff so yeah, it wasn't a fuss at all despite the fact that my sleeping hours may drop like the saham. If i can finish a 4x2m banner in 3days, this would be close to nothing. Besides, i have my father's best friend - the computer. The only challenge in my strife to do my best was to keep my brain active, very very active.


To keep things short, yes, i did manage to complete everything in time and handed the sample copy to the teacher to be photocopied after being reviewed. I could finally flag the "do not disturb" sign on Thursday, the day before the event. I was seriously in need of rest. Needed time to mend the cracks on my head lah. Who would have known it was possible to have nightmares before you could even fall asleep. No, i think it is better known as a plague.


The principal called my house phone.



Pn Loh here. Why didn't you come and see me to get my message for the booklet?



Oh, Shyama was in-charge of that.



Then did you notice that there was no signature in the souvenir booklet? Do you know it's very important to have the signature??


No, teacher, i didn't know.



You didn't know?? Every message from the principal must...... blabberingblahblahbugger....
Did you refer to last year's book and check whether there is a signature?


Last year's one don't have (i was guessing only).



If you check, last year's one there is a sign...



*Silence......* (Oh shit)



Hello?



Yes teacher.



Do you know now i have to bring back 200over copies back to sign.



Well, if that's the only way then i'm sorry teacher.



This year is the worst, compared with my previous years'. The standard has dropped! Is this your work quality??


Huh? (I didn't hear properly)



Is this the quality of your work???



Yes teacher.



*Silence...* (She probably unexpected my quick respond being so straight forward.)
Don't you think you should apologize?


I already did just now.



Okay, good girl. (Huh? Suddenly praise me??)
But you all must learn from this, girl.


Yes teacher. Sorry teacher.... (=.=)



I'm very unhappy because of this. Tomorrow (the day of the graduation) i want to see your face in the morning.


Tomorrow i'm not coming to school. (I had to tell her this sooner or later anyways right. If not if she doesn't see my face, then i'll be in much trouble)


What? How can you not come to school tomorrow when it is a school day. You're breaking the rules, you know. Ask your parents to write a letter if you can't come.


Teacher, half of the form 5s also not coming tomorrow.



How dare you tell your principal that you're not coming to school? And can say that half the form 5s are not coming?? I feel very insecure letting you all graduate... blabberingblahblahbugger....


Why not i find you during the graduation?



No! I want to see your face in the morning. NOw i'm very upset already. I don't want to talk to you. (Got people speak like that?)


Teacher, if you don't want to talk to me then should i still see you tomorrow? (I love this reply)



I'll leave it to you. Okay, i don't want to talk to you anymore. Bye.




The conversation above was jotted down right after it happened. She said a great deal of things more actually, but i just cut some of the nonsense unnecessary ones lah.
For a moment, i regretted taking up the task. At the same time, the conversation amused me somehow. *giggles*


So yeah, the next day i had to let her see my face and JuEan was kind enough to accompany me. Guess what, she apologized to me. Turns out that it wasn't my fault. We checked last year's booklet, there was no sign. She could even say how come i didn't sign last year. What the....
Thanks so much for throwing me some bullshit and leave me all stinky, then apologize and call me rude. Whhaaatttt ttthhhee....


Since she thinks that the product was of the worst quality, i took some snapshots of the previous year's booklet. You decide, whether which quality is worst. On the left is the 2008 booklet and the right, this year's.

The cover

The agenda page.

The autograph page.
2008 teachers' messages page.

2009 teachers' messages page.

So... last year's one was better?? She told me not to spread the news but hey, the 100 year old walls of SMC tells a lot of tales. Besides, my blog is not famous so she shouldn't be bothered.



The one common remark I get from the teachers while trying to comfort me was;

"Mei Theng, don't worry about it lah.
She is always like that wan. We kena a lot of times already."



Many thanks to JuEan and Julian who have been giving a lot of emotional support and SzeWei for lending me her ears. Also to all you guys who read til this far - i'm very sorry for the lengthy post. Now and then i still smell this bullshit in my memory but since it has passed for a few weeks already, the smell isn't so revealing anymore.





P.S. : What i was most disappointed at was, she didn't even say a word of thank you. Who is rude now?



On the graduation day after i saw her:

Teacher, about yesterday when i said half of the form 5s (130students) won't be coming, I'm sorry i made a mistake. Only 15people came!
*Walks away in satisfaction*

*Stares....*






19 comments:

kenwooi said...

wahhhahaha.. good one! ;)

kenwooi.com

Hot On said...

lol.. so daring, even put her pic.. u sure she's not gona see this? :)

Chan Pui Mun said...

thumbs up mabel ! hahaha.

HenRy LeE ® said...

wow... u so geng... bravo :)

Jerine said...

I super love this post! Can't stop laughing!!!!

Mabel Low said...

Kenwooi ; Well, just sharing what happened.


Hot On ; No worries, even if she does see it, i don't think it's a crime to just write what happened. I wasn't cursing her anyway.


PuiMun & Henry ; This is what happens when people like her places false accusation on me, plus not appreciating other people's work.


Jerine ; She won't find this as funny as you do though. *winks*

Kennee said...

Mabel 1 Principle 0 Jeng jeng jeng...we have a winnarr~~~ XD

Kim said...

HAHAHAHA
loved the ending.

yeah who cares? you already graduated anyway.

besides she's one of the worst maths teachers in history.

"girls, do u know how in the calculator the number 0 changes to 8........it is because the dash disappears..."

=________________=?

crazywrazy said...

Don't worry. You still the most awesome Mabelxaroma!

Mabel Low said...

Kennee ; Aiseh.. i hope don't have round two man. XD


Kim ; What the? Thats.... such... a cold joke. :S Thank goodness i've gotten Pn. Chan.


Crazywrazy ; No problem.

Mike Yip said...

WASEH! I was hoping to see some blood shed. LOL

sterndal said...

hello mabel!

you know we are so alike when it comes to arguing with people

haha!

go girl!

great blog! i should come here more often!

thanks!

Mabel Low said...

Mike Yip ; Lol. No money to pay for the lawyer lah.


Sterndal ; Then we better not argue with each other mate. XD

SUELI said...

HAHAHA. That was hilarious. And yeh I find the conversation amusing. Gosh. Thank goodness we graduated. I'm so gonna like this on FB. :D :D :D

Mabel Low said...

Sueli ; Can't believe i would encounter this sort of thang on my last year of school. And like you said, thank goodness we graduated!

stephy-nie said...

LOL Mabel! geng eh you! salute XD LMAO. your principal is darn farnie dey~

Mabel Low said...

Stephy-nie ; I'd say she's weird :S

Angelyn said...

I love this, especially the last remark from you. LOL.
And the thumbnail pics.

We should have more of these match against the principal.

Kudos to Mabel!

Mabel Low said...

Angelyn ; Didn't expect myself to be able to respond in such a way, but well, glad it was over. More match you say? Man, it's tiring you know. Lol.

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails