Monday, October 19, 2009

Be A Part Of The Cake




I took awhile to brush up on this event's pictures. A long while, to be exact. I'm so tired now that i could hardly think what to write here. So please do pardon me if the text bores you.


Previously, my update on the Revolving Realm Gathering (also a guiding/rangering event) took a really long time to be posted up here which eventually made the update outdated. So now, living to my word of trying not to do it again, i only took 2weeks for this one. You gotta consider the number of pictures i have to sort and edit, alright. Imagine going through tens of pictures with a slow and laggish laptop, plus editing 'em! I had almost a hundred pictures for this, thus the long post. Please do bare with me.


Nevermind when was it held and where, i'll leave those to your common sense. Let's begin with the pictures from the performances of that day, which wasn't much.


I like the effect of this picture - like she lost her arm. Ehhe.



I'm not very fond of taking indoor pictures, let alone performances, 'cause my camera simply wouldn't make nice ones. The Canon S80 that i'm using is a compact camera, and if you hadn't noticed my header, i don't have a dSLR. So don't expect too much.


Finally, they paused! Not for long though. Lucky me for capturing this in time.



Then came the next performance; sketch. I attempted quite a number of shots on that but only had one that is presentable - quality vise.


She was kind enough to pose for me.



I know, you must be saying of all pictures why this? Like i said, this was the only one of the best quality.


Red tenderfoots.



We did some camwhoring, posing, laughing, etc. during breakfast. The following are such.


They both are of similar height.



Similar height?



Perhaps this is the only way to make the difference not so obvious.



Now moving on to the serious part of the day, when the enrolment begins.


SueJean & Shaarmini



Usually, the serious highlights are done first before moving on to the light hearted performances but because it was raining earlier, we made some changes.


Wet floor.



They proceeded to form a V-formation and i was actually supposed to be in it. Anyhow, i managed to convince them about the necessity of me doing my duties of a cameraperson. Hehe. Can cabut.


Was supposed to be a perfect shot until Pn. Kong turned her head.



More shots during the formation.


Taken from one end.



Pn. Kong pinning the tenderfoot onto the new ranger's scarf.



The view of a leader. I kinda like this shot.



Seeing that there wasn't much left to be shot, i decided i need a cute model. Ahaha.. joking lah, Angelyn.


This one's not a comparison between the heights. Thought it was the only way to include the whole of the flag into the frame.



Had a group picture of the leaders and the teachers after that.


Decided not to post up the serious one. This post needs more craziness!



During the games while the juniors enjoy themselves...





...we had to decide on who is the Best Ranger (for form5) and the Best Guide (for form4).


This craft here is hand-made! Credits to VivienCheah & HuiYean.



Some of us were excited while some were bored. We were all waiting for the most awaited moment of the day - the handover! You'll know what it is later.





What's that on the grass??





What's that we're holding??





Now, here's the answer. I compiled all thirteen pictures into one to save the space. It was supposed to be fourteen but i couldn't find Eva's and Uma's one, sadly. Sorry Eva :(


The leaders personally drew their junior's pictures. E.g. the secretary draws the secretary-to-be's picture. How's the doodles??



Neat huh?



Overall, it was considered successful. Glad that i can finally retire now and let the juniors take charge but at the same time, it's a sad feeling too. Oh, what a mix.


I didn't like the cake. Too much icing i guess? Looks tooo sweeeettt...



It was such a big cake that by looking at it makes you feel as if your tooth is aching. And by the smell of it, you can imagine yourself loosing your mouth's pearls. Urgh... The others liked it though.





The only part that i ate was, the chocolate.





And you know what would have made the cake taste better?? US!






* * *

I saw one of my madams/seniors holding this gadget and for a moment i couldn't stop staring as if i saw some cute hunk!




Until i found out it was the Nikon D5000, the one similar to the D90 (which i'm currently wishing to have that) except that the D5000 doesn't have a build in motor.


I've been absent from here lately, due to the fact that i have to seriously hit the books. SPM is only a month away. Only 30days!! And i don't understand why when i'm hitting the books, my pendrive is constantly being fed with pictures. My 4gb pendrive has only 33.5mb left which can roughly store about 30more pictures. I need a new one!! Sobs.


P.s. : Though i may be absent, i'll still pop in once in a while and feed you guys whenever possible. *winks*

Once again, so sorry for the long post.

10 comments:

Angelyn said...

I love this post! And the pictures. Reminds me, I'll hand over the gathering pictures to you. So you can do your thang for the mag page. :D

Mabel Low said...

Ahaha.. there are actually more pictures but can't put 'em all here. Will upload 'em in Facebook instead.

About the mag page, really dunno when's the dateline? :P
I was a little bit concerned that the dateline was last week - cause i was absent the whole week.

SUELI said...

Awesome post :D Leave it to Mabel to edit the pictures. Ha ha. Two thumbs up! :D :D

Chan Pui Mun said...

i'm the only one with specs among 14 of us. (this post) LOL. what is this..

Mabel Low said...

SueLi ; The editing got a bit cacatness... If you hadn't noticed, eva's fingers that were showing the peace sign was saturated :P Sorry EVA!


PuiMun ; Haha. TengKuan's and Angelyn's weren't in use. XD

Eva said...

Yes I agree! Awesomely Mabel. :D Reminiscing already.. Nah, it doesn't really matter whether my fingers were saturated or not saturated. (reminds me of alkenes and alkanes) Once again, awesome post with awesome pics!

Superman said...

It reminds me on my Scouting days! Nice write up and photos.

Mabel Low said...

Eva ; Thanks mate!

Superman ; You were once a scout? Cool!!

belz said...

myyy, such a shock to see myself in here hahaha i'm copying the pic even if you say no ;p

Mabel Low said...

Belz ; Nooo!! XD It's a surprise for me too to know that you've landed on my blog :P

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails