Monday, January 12, 2009

The Last Day of My 16th Year

Remember the Seventeenth Flag post? I said that this year's flag (metaphorically referring to my birthday) is not as dull as the previous years. This year, to be frank, was the first ever year that i celebrated my birthday with my friends. Seriously!

It all began like this.

I was supposed to attend a meeting at EeMeng's office. Had no expectations, nothing. Just went there to discuss the youth meeting for the year. Those present were Hansel, Joshua, Julian, Stephanie, SzeMin, PuiYee, EeMeng and myself.

Took about an hour plus to finish the thang before going back - i followed EeMeng's car. Then, that moment, i saw this:

The Last Day of My 16th Year

I was quite surprised! Seriously. I didn't thought they'd remembered! I didn't even have the slightest thought that they knew about my b'day!

The Last Day of My 16th Year

I was regretting already once i saw the cake. Why? Because i didn't have my camera with me. Not even my phone!

The Last Day of My 16th Year

Luckily, Steph brought. So i borrowed and shot some close up pics. In macro mode!

The Last Day of My 16th Year

Mocha flavoured cake!

The Last Day of My 16th Year

Hansel went all the way down to get a lighter.

EeMeng and PuiYee. Everyone watched as i lighted up the candles.
The Last Day of My 16th Year

Tadaa! All done. Steph took a picture of it before offing the lights.
The Last Day of My 16th Year


I know, i look older here already. Lol.
The Last Day of My 16th Year


Another one of my close-up shots.
The Last Day of My 16th Year


I really really must thank Steph for bringing her camera. If not, i would have cried.
The Last Day of My 16th Year


Haha. I shot myself. Must have accidentally zoomed in.
The Last Day of My 16th Year


And yes, it was dang delicious!
The Last Day of My 16th Year


Thanks all! You guys have made this simple surprise a memorable one.
The Last Day of My 16th Year





Ps: I feel so grateful.

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails