Thursday, August 14, 2008

Insects and Bugs

These are my favourite most bunch so far. It's my first time taking pictures of bugs for i have always thought it impossible, until i discovered more of the camera's ability. Check them out!




I've never thought of snapping these little creatures before. I was actually taking a picture of mum's flowers, until some bees came buzzing by and rested on one of them. Then i thought, why not give it a try? And walah! No regrets! It wasn't easy of course, but practice makes perfect. Not to mention that i have to chase them like hungry reporters!


This little guy here has become my favourite! He's so very kind to check me out, or was he interested in the lenses? Lol.

A bee-hive. Hanging on the starfruit tree at my backyard. I was more fortunately than mum, who got stung when she was 4 feet away. I didn't need to tackle any of them even when i was 3feet away. Hehe.


I felt like i was intruding into this fellow's life. Hoho. It was resting peacefully on mum's curry-leaf plant. Not too clear here ay?


Can't see? Wait a sec, i'll take a closer shot.


There! How's this, mate?? I love its green; looks kinda high class and expensive.


Look! I found another ladybird behind some curry leaves. Resting.


Hmmm... *ahems* Excuse me...!


A garden fly? Lol. It's the first time i've seen a fly THIS close! Amazingly, i didn't seem harmful to it.


I have no idea what this is. Some sort of a bug sunbathing on one of the curry leaves.


Manage to locate the object of the picture? No? It's the ant at the bottom. It wouldn't keep still so this is the best i could get. Some other pictures of this fellow are covered by either the stems, or the leaves. Heh.


I don't know what this is called, but it's a beauty. Its relatives has bitten mum before. Lol. But it didn't bring any harm to me, though. Hoho.


The first few shots of this shy spidy was really blur. Perhaps it's the lighting that has decreased its sharpness? Even now, if compared with the other pics, is also quite blurry. It ran off when i tried to snap again.


At least this guy here's more steady. Pressed at the right time when it paused. Haha. But he ran off soon after.



* * *

I don't make a good paparazzi. Hehe.

No comments:

ShareThis

Related Posts with Thumbnails